Saturday, August 15, 2009

Little men withdrawals

I SAID I wasn't leaving our county for the rest of the summer. I said that after I came back from taking Thalia home... and that was my plan. This summer has been incredible...and incredibly busy...all good, but busy. So my plan was to spend the rest of the summer just relaxing at home.

Well....

Last Sunday morning as I opened my computer to check my email before church, there on my desktop was a photo of my two little men...and my heart started to ache for them...

It had been 6 days since I had seen Benjamin and 17 days since I'd seen Emerson...

I left Tuesday...

My first stop was to play with Emerson - and to see his mama and daddy, of course!Look what he's started doing! He probably stayed up like this for maybe 5 minutes!

Emerson also loves to look at his little hanging toys...
and brand new...is grabbing hold of something. I was loving watching this. He would stare at that striped bar... slowly put his little hand over to it...concentrate on opening his hand and putting it around it...and then holding on!

Good job, Emerson!!! Swaddling is new to me. I don't remember doing this - or doing it as tight and calling it that. Emerson LOVES to be swaddled. His daddy knew it was time for his nap, so he swaddled his little man - who then looked up and gave his daddy a big smile - and then he went to sleep when he was put in his crib! Mimi and Emerson...Emerson with a huge smile for his mama!


After spending time with Emerson, I left to go see his cousin, Benjamin...and Benjamin's mama and daddy! He wanted to wear a baseball cap like his daddy.But then it got too hot. He was more interested in his hanging toys...just like his cousin, Emerson. Benjamin isn't grabbing for his toys yet, but this little hand will be doing it before too long. Benjamin loves to hear stories! His mama loves to read them to him, too!
Benjamin is a sleeper, and this trip, he slept a lot! Mimi and Benjamin...We put him on his tummy for some tummy time...haha! He wasn't too interested, so he just put his little head down and closed those sweet little eyes!

I was planning on leaving at about 8:30 p.m. to head back to Emerson's. Well, plans change. We took off his clothes so I could take some photos and he decided he loved this new cooler freedom. He put on a show with all his cooing and smiling...and I left after 9:30 p.m. He was loving all the kisses from his mama and daddy...

He gave me a big smile and told me to have fun with Emerson.After spending time with Benjamin, I went back to Emerson's. I got to stay home with him Friday while his mama and daddy worked. We played on the floor, we went for a walk, I read him a couple of books, he slept...I tried to swaddle him... didn't work. But I loved it all!
Emerson told me I could come keep him anytime!

I just love my little men!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was great having Mimi with us and I'm sure it was for the Stewarts as well. Emerson and Benjamin are lucky little boys.

Gabe

Anonymous said...

The pictures are wonderful. The boys are changing so fast. The picture of you and Emerson is so funny-the way he seems to be glaring at you and I love the one of Benjamin in his baseball cap. Keep them coming. Love you, Mom

Anonymous said...

We enjoyed having Mimi here...again. We're so lucky to have a traveling Mimi.

Anonymous said...

Both the boys are growing up fast! Great pictures of everyone.

Love ya,

UJ