Monday, August 03, 2009

Only from my buddy Bob!

The phone rang today.

It was my buddy Bob, asking if Thalia was still here.

"No, she's already home," I told him.
"Well, shoot, I have some banana slugs for her," my buddy Bob told me.

Now THAT'S a buddy...calling to let my granddaughter come see slugs, knowing how bad she wanted to find some when she was here. So, since she's not here, my buddy Bob sent me an email...

Too bad Thalia was not here to go with me on my Banana Safari.
I found one BIG one and two smaller. They were all equally slimy.
They kept crawling away to find some dark, wet place to hide.
Thalia can have the pics to put under her pillow.
She is such a Banana Slug person.

Love ya!


My buddy Bob always signs his emails or blog comments, "Love ya!" He's definitely a special one to us! It's not everyday you get sent banana slug emails!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the little slimers!!!!!

laner

Anonymous said...

Hi Bob, this is Thalia. Thank you for bringing the slugs to the house I wish I was there to see them. Can you mail them to me? Just kidding! Hopefully next time I visit Mimi,I can find some.
Thalia

Anonymous said...

Anybody that says the fat one looks like me is in trouble.

Regards,

Gabe

Anonymous said...

Grute, no one said it looked like you. I don't know where you got that from. I believe what they were saying is the the big one was shaped like you.

Your not so slim brother