Thursday, August 22, 2013

Last day in Bangkok - August 14

On our last night in Bangkok, Lizbeth and I were sitting at dinner and she said, "Well, Judy, the party's over!"

It's definitely been a 'party'...a 25 day incredible time with Joshua, Erica, Thalia, and Lizbeth.  I remember on day 1 being in awe of all the wires!
I have loved, loved, loved eating all the Thai food!  I've always liked it, but having Thai food in Thailand has been the best!  I've also been in awe of how inexpensive it is!
and the coconuts!
 

The markets are an image I'll definitely flash on whenever I hear the name Bangkok...
 Rain!  We saw very little of it, even though this is the 'rainy season'...
Getting around town is something else I've enjoyed...
the BTS, taxis, Tuk-Tuks...I never got on a scooter - and that was by choice!  The traffic is something else I won't forget!

This is the BTS stop closest to Joshua, Erica, and Thalia's...

The shopping is incredible...all kinds of shopping.  From the more expensive mall shops to the ones on the streets....there's something for everyone.


The colors...the architecture...oh my!






This photo above...it was taken in the airport at Bangkok...
 and I have loved, loved, loved the elephants! Definitely one of the highlights of my summer!
 I absolutely loved Koh Chang...the island we went to.  It was so gorgeous...and so relaxing...



 Thalia's school was absolutely amazing...I'd love to be teaching there for a year or two...
 I can't say I loved the toilets...but they were definitely a new experience for me.  Of course, you don't see any paper anywhere...
But that's where the bum gun comes in handy...only, do you see a bum gun here?  (no)...so I don't know what the deal is.  Maybe it's a BYOP situation (Bring Your Own Paper)

I loved exploring the city...exploring it with Joshua...with Erica...with Thalia...and with Lizbeth...

Wat Pho
 Wat Aron
There's so much more....but the very best thing I loved about being in Thailand...the absolute best part was:

being with Joshua, Erica, Thalia, and Lizbeth.


 (**Disclaimer:  Thalia was not...I repeat was not...drinking this liquid in the brown bottle.  Nope, it was her Mimi...Thalia just graciously held it for her Mimi while a camera was taken out of the camera bag:)
I have this picture in my mind...of us all walking...and Lizbeth and I in the back...Joshua in front of me.  He was holding Erica's hand as she walked on one side of him...and Thalia was on the other side of him, holding on to his arm.  I could see Joshua turn his head from one side to the other...to talk to his girls...and always...always there was a big smile. 

THAT'S what I loved the most about Thailand...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Loved having you mom and I'm glad you had a good time. Great blog.

Josh