Monday, January 30, 2017

Campana Ranch Winery


 January 21st, I was heading home.  Gabe first wanted us all to go to this winery.  
I absolutely loved it!

They have a winery, Campana Ranch Winery, and they work with horses!
 It was cold...Emily asked Emerson if he was cold...
he said he wasn't cold but he'd like to be warmer!
 Walt was wanting his mama at first...


 See that cute dirty bottom?
Well, a bit earlier than these pictures, we had walked around to see where this guy from Germany was training horses..and guess who fell in the mud? 



 Steve told us he makes 12 different wines.
We started our tasting with a Rose.
Now if you asked me if I liked Rose, I'd say, 'not really.'
But if you asked if I liked Campana Ranch's Rose, I'd say, 'absolutely'!
 This was a great area...
Walt was enjoying the dogs...

 and just running around outside...
 He wasn't cold...
 Emerson wasn't cold either...
just would have liked to be a little bit warmer.


 Emerson played a bit on my iPhone,
but then he was entertaining/playing with his brother.




 Walt loved it!
He started jumping...and as you can see, he's getting a little air!
 What a riot!
 The tasting room is small...not fancy...
but it was perfect.  
Steve was the best.  He had stories about his wines, about how he got into wines in the first place, about his journey to get where he is today. 

 Gabe bought a case of his wines...
oh my goodness...
they are just so good!
We tasted so many different wines and there wasn't one that I didn't think was excellent.
 I'm not usually a big Merlot fan...
Steve's Merlot is exceptional!

 His wines have won lots of awards!
 He told us all about barrels..
I had no idea!
 Seeing as I had to drive home...
and Walt was getting tired,
we started wrapping it up, getting the boys in the car to head our separate ways...

 I'm  not sure why we got back out of the car (except Emerson stayed in)...
but we walked back around where the horses were.
See this house?  Steve built it himself!
 Steve's wife is the one who deals with the horses...he deals with the winery.
 I'm sure they both do both, but their specialty...
 Steve was introducing Walt to this horse,
this beautiful horse!


 Um?  Walt wasn't too sure he wanted a smooch from a horse...


 She was so gentle...
and I couldn't believe how sweet...
and soft she was!






 Gabe asked someone there to take our picture...
 After it was said and done, we realized Emerson wasn't in the picture since he had stayed in the car.
Rats!
 A couple of more pets to the horse, and then it was time to take off.
 As Emerson wrote on the door of their tasting room,
Thank you, Steve!

Thank you Gabe and Emily!
I had such a great time here!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We had a great time! Thank you for watching the boys while Kay was on vacation!!