Friday, September 05, 2008

Green madrone on a Friday afternoon

"Hey dear," my guy said when I answered the phone.

"Hey dear!"

"Hey, would you back your car out of the driveway so I can back in? I've got a load of wood."

I did my duty, and then proceeded to sit back down in my lounge chair in the backyard. I was so enjoying the sunshine. I had been looking at a new REI catalog when my guy called.

I think I dozed off a little. Ron stomping his feet to get the dirt off startled me awake.

I went out to look at the load of wood and guess what he said? "Here dear, these are for you." Now it wasn't flowers or anything like that, but it was a pair of gloves....for taking the wood out of the back of the truck and stacking it.
He did get in the back of the truck and put the wood down on the tailgate to make it easier for me. Thanks, dear!He spent about an hour cutting and splitting this today. I think it's about a quarter of a cord. It'll be great when the wood is dry...and it's cold outside... ah, cozy, cozy, cozy!My guy says cutting wood warms you three times: 1st when you cut and split it; 2nd when you haul and stack it; and 3rd when you actually burn it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well I guess next time we come up we'll have to clear the driveway again.....
Josh

Anonymous said...

Nice stacking job Jutes!

Judy said...

Thank you, darlin'!

Anonymous said...

I like his reasoning! That will keep you warm through the winter. Can't wait till fireplace weather.

Anonymous said...

I like his reasoning! That will keep you warm through the winter. Can't wait till fireplace weather.