Wednesday, September 24, 2008

My gift from Sandi

Sandi is my newly retired friend... the first of my girlfriends to retire.

At first, Sandi was a bit unsure of what to do with all this extra time. She pulled out her sewing machine and started to make some things for some of her girlfriends. I am one of the very fortunate recipients of her 'idle hands'....which is what she's thinking of calling her 'company.' Last night we had 'paint class' at my house. Sandi brought this beautiful apron over to give to me.

I modeled... proudly modeled. I absolutely love it! I love the apron... but I love even more that it was made by a dear friend... a dear friend who I share a love of cooking with... and so much more!

Thank you, Sandi!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous apron!!! It reminds me of the olden days, when we were young,. . .I mean younger. Your colors are so sweet and so you! Can't wait to model all of them some day soon. Sandi will never have idle hands, but what a cute name for her company.

Laner

P.S. Of course mine is green and purple . . .so me.