Sunday, September 28, 2008

Traveling with Lynne

This is my new pitcher... from Le Creuset.

You may wonder what in the world it has to do with the title of this post.

Well, it has everything to do with it. Yesterday, my friend, my sis, Lynne and I went to a People to People leaders meeting. This next summer, we'll be traveling together to England, France, Belgium, and the Netherlands. Two summers ago, Lynne went with me to Australia...and we - along with Dustin - had a GRAND time!

Oh yeah, the pitcher.

Well, as we needed to take a little break in our 3 hour drive to the meeting, we stopped at a sweet grocery store. This pitcher was there - but didn't have a price tag. Lynne and I needed to take care of the "coffee in - coffee out" predicament, and then had to hit Starbucks for some more 'coffee in'. I didn't take the time to find out how much it was.

On the way home, I was all alone...Lynne had left me (after the meeting and after our sweep of an Eddie Bauer Outlet Mall shop!) for her husband, Bruce, and a trip to San Francisco for the Giant's game... so I stopped back in this sweet store and asked how much the pitcher was. They told me it was $19.99...and I know hardly anything from Le Creuset costs $19.99, much less a pitcher! So I bought it. I looked it up online when I got home - $34.95.

Well, thinking about all this - pitcher - leader's meeting - Lynne and I traveling together again --- led me to look back at some of my Australia photos.... of Lynne and I... and some of Dustin.
This was in Arnhem land... aboriginal land that is not open to the public. They let Lynne and I in. (Well, they also let in the other 2 leaders and our 32 high school students...)
This is on top of Ubirr Rock...a magnificent place where we watched the sunset, after looking at aboriginal rock art, and watching kangaroos/wallabies jumping all around the wetlands...
Here we were at Manyallulak, an aborigine site. We stayed here all day with the aborigines...
having our face painted...
This was when my iPod broke and Lynne shared her music with me. Plus...this was the first time I had ever heard The Waifs!
The 'Fat Ass Wombat' has no significance to Lynne and I.
The Sydney Opera House and Harbour Bridge.
Lynne and I with Dustin... who also will be traveling with us again!
The three of us had... an absolutely grand time... That's actually putting it mildly.
Here we are in Canberra...on top of the government building....


Here we are, most likely talking about what an awesome time we had together and how we'd love to do it again...

Go team...for 2009!

No comments: