Sunday, September 14, 2008

Teaching

I love teaching. One of the many wonderful aspects of the job is all the great kids I meet...and get to know... and follow as they grow up.

Stephanie is a former "Room 8er." She's now grown and married and living in Nevada. She even has a blog that I love to read. Lindsey is another. Stephanie and Lindsey were in the same class and were friends, good friends. Lindsey is also all grown up and married with 2 adorable kids...and she lives in London. I also love to read her blog!These photos are of Stephanie and Lindsey's class. In this bottom photo, Stephanie is second from the left and Lindsey is on the far right. Here, they are in the 6th grade!

My sweet daughter-in-law, Emily, is a 6th grade teacher. This past week, I was in their area for meetings so I was able to visit her classroom on Thursday.
When I was getting ready to take the picture, I don't think Emily realized SHE was also going to be in the picture. "Smile, Emily!"Look at the art on the walls...

Her class was getting ready to go to the library. One of her students asked if they could sing for me. They did... and they sang "The Verb Song." It was SO cute! Room 8, my classroom, will now learn that song...along with the noun song, and the pronoun song...etc. Thank you, Emily!This picture below is an art project idea I think I'm going to steal! Isn't it pretty? It's pointillism... done with a Q-tip!
Friday, I headed down to Lindsey & Donnie's... and my first stop was Lindsey's classroom. She teaches 7th grade Social Studies. I've been in Lindsey's room before and was excited about going again. Lindsey told me she had stuff for me to do! Oh boy....Some people say teaching 7th grade is a job they wouldn't want. Not Lindsey. When she was getting her credential, she asked to be at the middle school even for her student teaching. I love to watch her interact and teach them. She greets each student at the door by name and shakes their hand. As you can see, some want more than a handshake!Lindsey played 'Roman Bingo' with the class. They have been learning Roman numerals and Roman prefixes. She made Bingo boards to use as a teaching tool. What a great idea!Teaching... I'm glad Lindsey and Emily love it too!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't realize Lindsey was a teacher, how fun! I'm laughing at those pictures, have a few myself of Wolf Creek! Good memories!

Judy said...

I love the photo of the 4 of you (can't remember the other two's names!)... the poses... so cute!

Anonymous said...

Good times Jutes. I don't know how you all do it, teaching. When the little brat doesn't do what you want them to do then what?

Anonymous said...

Lindsey and Emily, I am proud of both of you! Keep up the great work.

UJ