Sunday, September 14, 2008

Prolific chicks


It sure makes a person feel good when someone is excited to see them. Take this chicken...I think her name is 'Red.' If that's not correct, we'll call her that anyway.

And...if you want the truth, she's not excited to see me. She was probably pretty agitated from her master turning the water sprinkler on and getting her soaking wet!Here's the brood - after they shook the water off. They were just hanging out but wanted to show me something.

I followed..."Come on in," I was told. That made me feel good that they thought I was actually thin enough to fit through their door.Their master knew I would never fit, so he showed me hidden door...The chicks all piled in. One was pretty busy... Butters was a bit concerned with the intrusion. She just wasn't too sure why we were peering in from the hidden door.Red, (I think this is her) stuck her neck out to try and put Butter at ease. I didn't tell Red that it wasn't a great idea to 'stick her neck out'... what with being a chicken and all...
She decided to just get up in the roost with Red...Notice anything???Yep, eggs... lots of eggs...

But do you notice anything - well, anything a bit unusual about any of them?

Like the color?I guess ole Red and the others needed a little encouragement to get busy. I have to tell you that the yellow egg was actually not laid by any of these prolific chickens. Sorry. It's fake. It's plastic.

But it worked. Look at her sitting on top of all those eggs!"OK, enough of that business," claimed Red. "It's time to eat."Ole Pumpkin was hanging out by the chicken's water bowl. He (Is Pumpkin a he or a she?) was just hanging out, watching the whole escapade.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just had 3 of those eggs for breakfast! Frying pan, pam + 3 eggs.

Anonymous said...

LOL...
I still can't believe you have chickens running around your house.....
Josh

Anonymous said...

Jishie,

Just send me your address and I'll mail you an egg in an envelope. Then you will know joy.

Gibbie