Monday, January 11, 2010

1971


December 28, 1971

My guy and me... celebrating his award as MVP for our high school football team.

He was a stud... his nickname was 'Lightning' ... because he was a running back and was so fast on the field...
Yep, this is us 39 years ago!

I don't ever remember Jo and Sid having that short of a Christmas tree, though! This was in their living room, the room that was hardly ever used! Ahh! This is actually 1972...probably in May... and I had just gotten my first car. My guy called it "the Pinto Bean"...

I believe it cost $2100... and it cost about $2.50 to fill it up... it was a stick-shift, my first. I remember learning to drive it...mom in the front seat, my guy in the back...and me trying to take off on the hill of Lochwood Blvd...with a car behind me...and rolling...putting on the emergency brake...switching seats with my mom...my guy snickering in the backseat! Memories...

He always made fun of me and my Pinto...

Until we got married and it became his car, too. Then he would talk real sweet to it, "Come on girl, you're good!"

She served us well...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures! That car looked pretty good!
Lightening, are those pin stripe pants? I like that name.

Bro

Anonymous said...

Lightning you are the man!!

MVP! MVP! MVP!!

I love the old pics Jutes, nice blog.

Snoop, we could be Thunder & Lightning! Just like the Shake & Bake BABY!!!

Sincerely,
Thunder