Saturday, January 02, 2010

Decisions...

The big decision was...

where to put this post?

On the JohnstonChronicles???? or the Cook's Corner?

Actually, the biggest decision was what to inject the bird with...
Look good?
I went to Google and typed in "marinade for deep fried turkey"... and this one caught my eye...

Only one small problem... I've never seen 'garlic juice'... but I had never looked for it. Off I went to Safeway, in search of garlic juice...

no success...

I called Erica and asked her what they had injected turkeys with...

she called her mom...

no one could remember exactly...
"Oh just shoot me with anything!" the bird seemed to yell.

I followed the recipe EXCEPT... I put in garlic powder...I injected and injected...until the liquid was running out onto the cabinet. I had no idea how much to inject.
My guy was checking the oil...watching the temperature...

He decided it was time...
The turkey went in...slowly went in...

Look at it boiling!
My guy told me I should take a picture of the thermometer... it's actually upside down...
This is the chair my guy sat in while he waited. I can't believe I've had it nearly 10 years! This was a gift from my class...the 4th graders I had the 1999-2000 school year!
It was time to pull the bird out...
Do you think it's burnt?

It's not.
My guy gave the turk a little twist...

He's out...
It looks burnt, doesn't it? I think that intense heat just seals that skin and then the meat stays all moist and juicy...oh yum....
Oops! The stand is too large to fit in this pan. My guy wanted to put the turk in the pan to carve it.
He made it work...
He cut a slice for us to try...

It was absolutely delicious!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That raw turkey looks disgusting! Veg Linz

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you would eat that poor little guy :( Linz

Anonymous said...

JUDY!!

IF you are thinking of visiting your grandsons anytime soon SAVE some of that delicious bird!!

Anonymous said...

Ron, I bet Addison would eat that bird!!!!!

JD