Saturday, January 16, 2010

Being a grandparent

Papa and Thalia

Thalia ... our granddaughter ... taught us well... taught us how to be grandparents, how wonderful it is to be a grandparent... we so love her!
Thalia and Mimi

We love...absolutely love being 'Mimi and Papa'... Thalia called us that first, and now that's what we call ourselves to Emerson and Benjamin...
Joshua and Saddie

Joshua was Saddie's first grandson...
Joshua and Daddy

Joshua was my dad's first grandchild.... He loved to rock Joshua...and walk with him... he called him "Big Josh"...
Sid and Joshua

Joshua was Sid's first grandchild... he taught Joshua how a horse eats corn...I think this was taken in April, 1979...

Joshua and Gabrial... they were the only two grandchildren my dad ever knew... Mimi and I

I was Mimi's first grandchild... I loved her so incredibly much...and that's why I wanted to be called "Mimi"...because of my Mimi...Mimi and I, Christmas 1955

I've been sitting here thinking about how much I love my grandkids...and how I would love to see them more often... so I went back into some old photos I had scanned...

and thus, this post!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Alene and I were talking yesterday how lucky she was to have her family so close to her and to able to enjoy her grandkids and greatgrand kids and I how I would love to have all of mine close by. But I'm blessed to see them as much as I do. I'm glad you're getting to know and wonderful it is to be a grandparent and greatgrand parent. I love you all.. Saddie