Saturday, January 09, 2010

6.5 and Cowboys

At 4:27 p.m. today, we had a 6.5 earthquake hit. I was talking on the phone to Lindsey, and I'll could say was 'OH MY GOSH'...over and over... I knew it was HUGE because the house was moving ... really moving... more, I think, than any other earthquake we've had.

Fortunately, we had no damage...nothing broke...I don't know how, not with the way things were moving. However, some of our channels were knocked off the air, not all of them, but some. One of which, was the channel the Dallas Cowboys were on! My guy kept checking...nothing!

Finally, I thought about the internet...and so I tried to find a way to watch it online. I couldn't find a place that didn't ask you to pay or to give other information that I didn't want to give.

THEN... I thought about SKYPE!
I called my baby brother...

I asked him to turn on his computer... to turn on SKYPE....
He did... and put his computer in front of his TV...
So we watched the Cowboys... and were able to cheer them along with my brother... my brother who is 2000 miles away!

Technology... it's great when it works!

And... yeehaw for the Cowboys!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this! It is probably illegal for some crazy reason but I love it anyway!

Sounds like there was a whole lotta shakin goin on in Mck! We didn't feel a thing in Santa Rosa.

Those Cowboys looked good! Maybe Romo can pull it off?? I didn't think he had it in him but he's on to the next round!!

Anonymous said...

Go Cowboys!!! Ron, I enjoyed watching the game with you. Usually Becky might take a snooze.

Next week: I predict Cowboys 27 Vickings 14!

What do you think?

UJ