Wednesday, January 20, 2010

January 19th

7 years ago...January 19th, 2003...

We were in San Luis Obispo for Lindsey and Donnie's beautiful wedding!
What a grand time it was...not only their marriage, but meeting new family...the blending of two families.

I remember so well the first time I met Donnie. I had heard his name from Lindsey - they were just friends, good friends. I had gone to SLO to stay with a friend who had a home on the beach...well, I had actually gone to see Lindsey, but my friend, Mickie, had the home and offered to let me stay.

Lindsey was going to stay the night there, too...but she was busy earlier on this one particular night. When she arrived, late, she was with Donnie...and someone else who I can't remember. We all sat and talked awhile...actually Donnie and whoever else it was, were standing...I remember that. I have no recollection what Donnie said, but I remember he made me laugh and I remember his wit. It was a 'feeling' I had too, that this was a great guy.

As Lindsey walked outside with Donnie as he was leaving that night, I turned to Mickie and I distinctly remember saying, "THAT'S the kind of guy I would love Lindsey to marry!"

I don't remember if that was the first or second time I had met him. One time, which was probably the same trip, I had just driven in, called Lindsey, and she and Donnie were at a Denny's or something like that - and they were studying. Studying...that hasn't changed. They both love to learn...to study...

Prophetic? I don't know, but we couldn't have been happier!
Here it is 2010... 7 years later... and Benjamin has joined the family!
Happy Anniversary, Lindsey and Donnie...
Happy 7th Anniversary!
Benjamin is a lucky little man!

These next photos were taken on their anniversary bowling night! Benjamin had a great time, too!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary Lindsey and Donnie. What a great time we had at your wedding-remember it well. I know Benjamin knows what a great mother and daddy he has. I love you all. Saddie

Anonymous said...

Thanks Saddie! It's been a great 7 years!

Anonymous said...

Congrats Lindsey & Donnie!

What a great 7 years its been, I can't wait to see what God has in store for us over the next 7 years.

Gabe

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! Hope you guys had a great day!
I can't beiieve it has been 7 years.

UJ