Monday, March 01, 2010

March 1


I remember the phone call...

It was from Gabe...and we were heading down to watch him play baseball the upcoming weekend.

"I want you to meet someone...her name is Emily," he told us. I don't remember if that's the exact words...but my guy and I knew this must be someone really special. Gabe had never told us that before.

I remember sitting in his apartment...he and Ron's apartment...and Emily walking in. She was a little shy...but we liked her right away!

She stuck with him through his absences in Arkansas (baseball) and when he was on the east coast playing for the Phillies...In Texas for Christmas...before they were married...This was one of their engagement photos... This was 7 years ago today! A beautiful day...my baby boy was married...and we had a sweetheart daughter-in-law!

Our faithful Texas family came out less than 6 weeks apart for both weddings...Lindsey and Donnie's on January 19 and then Gabe and Emily's on March 1....
In Las Vegas for Joshua and Erica's wedding...This is Smores...he was their first baby!
After more than 6 years of marriage, here came this precious little man...Emerson King!
A lot of wonderful things have happened in the last seven years!

Happy anniversary...happy 7th anniversary!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary Gabe, Emily and Emerson King. I remember 7 years ago so well. What a great time we all had. I wish you three many, many more. I love you so much, Saddie

Anonymous said...

Thanks Saddie and thanks for the great blog Jutes!! 7 years has gone by in the blink of an eye and I can't wait for the next 7!

Gabe

Anonymous said...

Gabe & Emily! Happy 7th anniversary! We are so proud of you guys! God has blessed you with Emerson and we can wait to meet him!

Happy Anniversary,

Love ya,

UJ & AB

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!!!! 7 years, that's awesome. We can't wait to see you guys. Love you,
Josh and Erica