Thursday, March 11, 2010

My Buddy Bob and his first wife, Helen celebrate 59 years of marriage!

My buddy, Bob, and his sweetheart wife, Helen, have graced the pages of the Johnston Chronicles before. I believe on this same date in 2009 they were here!

Today, March 11, they are celebrating 59 years of marriage!
We first met Bob and Helen...can't even remember how many years ago it was (B & H, do you remember?)...but it was at a bible study...one that we kept for a long time...that morphed into "The Luke Group" because we stayed in the book of Luke for so long.
Bob is a character...great sense of humor, and I am the recipient of many of his hilarious email forwards. Like this one and this one. He also lets it be known how much he adores his 'first wife'... Helen.

They are an absolutely wonderful couple...inspiring, funny...just a great couple to be with.

59 years! Congratulations to you!

1 comment:

Helen said...

Since I married the first guy I ever loved (your Buddy Bob!), some might call that beginner's luck. I prefer to believe God had his hand on us from the very beginning, and PTL, He still does!