Tuesday, May 03, 2011

Going private?

I'm thinking about a change for the Johnston Chronicles.  That change would be that to read it, you'd have to sign in...putting in your email address first.  I read some blogs that are private, and after signing in with my email address a few times, then when I go that site, my computer/or their site (?) remembers me and I don't have to sign in.

I've noticed some traffic reading this that is coming from countries that make me a little nervous...not sure why people in India, for example, are spending 45 minutes on the Johnston Chronicles!  I know there are a lot of people who read this that I don't know...and I love it....it's just that some locations readers come from, I question.  I have Site Meter on my site which tells me general locations, which is how I know about India, for example.  I know many who read this are friends of my kids or 'friends' I've met through facebook...I'd love for you to keep reading....just send me your email address so I can enter it. 

Here's an example of what I can get from Site Meter:

Location 
Continent : Asia
Country : Turkey  (Facts)
State/Region : Corum
City : Palabiyik
Lat/Long : 40.5667, 35.0833 (Map)
Distance : 6,653 miles
 This person was on the site for around 20 minutes.


I'm continuing to watch this 'traffic'...and if it stops, I may leave this open (as opposed to going private) However, just in case, if you would like to read the Johnston Chronicles, either send me your email address by email, or leave it in the comments section of this post.  I'll write it down and then remove the comment.  I have to enter in the email addresses allowed to read this...otherwise, when you sign in, nothing would happen.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I share your concern Judy Len. Please keep me in. You know the address.
Laner

Anonymous said...

I'm guessing Blake told people.. which concievably could explain Turkey but India??

Count me in!

Gabe

Judy said...

Absolutely, Sheree!!!

Anonymous said...

If it shows Korea..I would guess it's the dear leader Kim Jong Il. I think you have my e-mail so you can add me. Kim Jong Il's faithful servent

- Addison

Anonymous said...

Sorry I forgot the back story to my comment. They (North Korea) just hacked into a major South Korean bank.

Judy said...

For those of you who have sent your email addresses, know that I've written them down and deleted from the comments!