Friday, May 27, 2011

Our living room

 This is our wood stove...in a corner of our living room.  I absolutely love it when it's cool enough outside to have a fire!

When we first got married, we lived in Oregon.  (...on the outskirts of a very, very small town...)  That was where we had our first wood stove.  You can see it in Joshua's birthday blog.  I loved the feeling of getting up close to it when it was cold outside.   Later, when we moved out of that first place (a garage apartment) and moved into a house, we had a monster of a wood stove...a very inefficient wood stove.  It took SO much wood...and didn't heat the house real well... which just made me sit closer to it.  I remember bathing the boys in metal tubs...tubs I had put close to the wood stove.

Later, we moved to northern California...to another small town...and we had another wood stove.  That would be the wood stove Joshua burned his hand on because his tyrant brother ... his tyrant little brother... pushed him onto it.

8.5 years later, we moved to where we are now...and no wood stove.  For 20 years I missed that wood heat.  About 3 years ago (has it been that long?) when we added a little onto this house, we added this stove...and I love...absolutely love it!

Notice this blog is being written on May 27th...and that picture was taken yesterday.  A fire in May? Yep...the house was 63 degrees...it was damp and cool...so my guy fired up the wood stove... and I was happy:)

 This TV is also in the living room.  Now, I've never been much of a TV watcher at all...never.  In the past 30 months, I've watched more TV than ever.  Why?  Because our kids went together for Christmas that year and bought us this 50" TV...  I love it...I still don't have many shows that I like to watch, but I'm looking.  Now that American Idol is over... I'll go through withdrawals.  Some of my friends told me to start watching So You Think You Can Dance... maybe I'll try that.  HGTV is always good... and, of course, we use NetFlix...
That's my chair...I think it's in a direct line facing the wood stove...and at just the right angle to watch TV.  It's so comfy...and notice that empty glass on the end table?

Yep, I'm grateful for this addition to our home...grateful for how much we enjoy it...with the wood stove, the TV from our kids, and my chair.

Thanks again for the TV - Joshua, Erica, Thalia, Gabe, Emily, Lindsey & Donnie!  (There was no Emerson or Benjamin at that time!) 

3/365

No comments: