Sunday, March 26, 2017

The Farm!

 Larry and Sandra brought us to the Farm since we had flown into Austin.
It's been years since I've been there.  The last time I was in Texas was before my mom moved to Colorado.  Not having many breaks from school, I'd head to Colorado.
Now being retired...........
 
 This place has so many memories...
 I've been going there since I was 14 years old.
Ron's grandparents were living there when I first started...
 and his great grandparents lived there before that!
 This is the farmhouse from the road...
the little one lane (basically)country road!
 This sign is getting a bit worn...
but as you can see, it's a Texas Century Farm...
meaning it's been continuously used over 100 years!


 There are so many pecan trees...
which I spent a lot of time shelling and picking!
 Some of these had their tops broken out by a tornado...
This is in back...the garage is just to the right...
but this is where I sat a LOT and shelled pecans.
 Ron was busy doing projects...
like getting the pick up running...getting the tractor ready...
working on the riding lawn mower...
cleaning up around the place...
there's always lots to do at the farm!
 Sandra and I picked some pecans together...
and after she left,
I shelled a lot lot lot more!
 Everyone knows this as Paul's Barn...
which I can't believe is still standing!


 Looking at this, you can see this farm was homesteaded in 1874!
143 years ago!
Wow!
This is the farmhouse that stood in the place of this one.
It burned...but I don't remember what year.
Jo!  She's doing well there at the farm.
I know she loves having people come visit.

It was so wonderful to see her...to see the farm...to see Larry and Sandra...
to see Lissette, Ashley, and their families...

Texas, I've missed you!



No comments: