Monday, December 07, 2009

Coming home

It's been such a great 3 weeks... Joshua came 3 weeks ago... he was the first to arrive for Thanksgiving.... more filed in...and with each one, I was so thankful for God's traveling mercies... for bringing them each here safely... and in good health. Addison was the last to leave... just this past Friday. We were busy Friday night, and then left early Saturday morning to head south for my People to People meeting. It was all worth it since we got to be with Emerson, Gabe, and Emily.
Yesterday we headed home. Dropping snow levels were in the forecast... so we intended not to be too late heading through the mountains. There was some rain, not much, and snow, again not much. The fog hanging in the mountains was beautiful...absolutely beautiful.
I just got a new lens for my camera... a 50mm f/1.8 ... and I pulled the camera out with this lens as we were driving. It was already dark outside, but the pictures were still turning out!



The snow was starting to stick on the ground, but not on the street...




For those of you who know some of my ... well, some of my past - not so safe driving escapades - this photo is to let you know that my guy was driving, not me.



It was getting so dark, but I kept snapping away...

My guy was driving carefully on the slick roads...




It was literally black outside, and some of the photos started blurring a little...


We were listening to Andrea Bocelli's Christmas CD... it's beautiful! Looks like we were about on the 7th song....
Ahh... we were getting fairly close to home...
almost at our exit...
Christmas trees... we're not putting one up this year since we're planning on heading down to see the kids... and help Joshua, Erica, and Thalia move....
We were getting tired.... almost home...
Turn here...
Home sweet home...

We walked in at 6:30 p.m. to a 53 degree house! It was so cold... my guy quickly lit a fire... As I was warming up, I was thinking how wonderful the past 3 weeks have been...how thankful, how very thankful I am for all the blessing on our family...

So blessed....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Judy and Ron,

Beautiful pictures! I can't believe you guys had snow!

Love ya,

UJ

Anonymous said...

The pictures are beautiful. What a camera. Love Mom

Anonymous said...

Mom,

Great pictures. The fog is beautiful when it is not blocking an sun on a summer day!

Anonymous said...

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

That looks cold!