Saturday, December 12, 2009

Old Photos

The Kings...1944 (and Tom, the cat!)
Granddad with Tom, Mimi, Aunt Jane, and my Mom

Today I decided to tackle a phone call to DELL computer...to try to figure out why my scanner wasn't working properly... nearly 3 hours later, I hung up.

But that's ok, since it works! I've been sitting here scanning some of my old photos...instead of doing the many things on my list.

I love old photos...that's the nostalgic side of me.
Mimi and Granddad

I loved my Mimi so incredibly much, spending summers with her, entire summers with her, after Granddad died. I loved him, too, but he died when I was six.
Mam-maw

This is Mam-maw, my Dad's mother. Her name was Len...which is where I got my middle name. I hated my middle name when I was growing up, but love it now. When I was young, I wanted my middle name to have a traditional spelling: Lynn, Lynne, Lyn...but not Len! Now I love that it's NOT traditional! Mam-maw lived in Austin, close to my Aunt Ollie, her sister. I remember in the summers when I would be with Mimi, Mimi would take me to spend time with Mam-maw. I remember being a little afraid...afraid of what I would do if something happened to Mam-maw while I was there. She always seemed older to me than Mimi was...and at Mimi's, I knew people close by who I could have called in an emergency...but I didn't know anyone in Austin besides Aunt Ollie.

Mam-maw loved Mexican food... and she would always go stand by the TV when the public service announcements would come on telling you to "stand by" for an announcement.

Funny the things you remember about your childhood!
Daddy

I think this was a photo from work. He was a sports-writer for a major newspaper...which I think is where I get my love of writing.

My Daddy... it still saddens me that he never saw Lindsey...that he didn't get to watch his grandchildren grow up...or see his great-grandchildren...how proud of them he would be!

Aunt Jane, Daddy, and Granddad

You can see my Granddad's playful personality in this photo. Aunt Jane adored my Dad...and he adored her, calling her 'Slim.' I always told Aunt Jane that she was my favorite aunt...even though she was my ONLY aunt. We always had a very small family.
Uncle Charlie and Aunt Jane

My cousin, Patti, who came for Thanksgiving is Aunt Jane and Uncle Charlie's daughter. Aunt Jane left us in June of 2008 and Uncle Charlie left us in July, 2009...we miss them so much!Joshua and Gabrial

Whoa! This photo isn't quite as old as the others. This was on Easter Sunday of 1983, in Price, Utah. The boys, my mom, and I were driving to California from Texas...and the boys had the chicken pox! I can't remember why we didn't have Lindsey with us? I faintly remember that she flew home with Ron...but why???
Lindsey

Lindsey was 2 years, 2 months old here, April 1983...playing in Grammy's make-up. I do believe I was looking for her, found her in the make-up, and quickly got a photo.

Just a little nostalgia on this rainy Saturday...

I'm glad my scanner is fixed!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweetie, love the photos. They bring back so many wonderful memories. Would love to see more. I love you, Mother

Anonymous said...

Carla and Val think the picture of me in the makeup looks like Benjamin! Lindsey

Judy said...

I agree with Carla and Val! I've seen lots of photos of you (Linz) that look SO much like Benjamin...but then again...I also think he looks like Donnie! Um? Do you and Donnie look alike? kind of