Sunday, December 13, 2009

Old Black and Whites

Mimi, Aunt Jane, R.L., Aunt Monk, Cat...and I don't know who the little guy is... (CORRECTION: According to my dear mother, that is not Cat, but Fannie... and the little boy is RT. Thank you, Mom!)

I scanned some more old photos today...and thought about how much I love black and white photography... I love looking at this photo... look at that fish! Mimi absolutely loved to fish, but I doubt if she caught this one. Probably R.L. did...R.L. was Aunt Monk's son...and Aunt Monk was Mimi's sister. Look at Mimi's shoes...they look like some of my Danskos!
As you can see, this photo was taken May 22, 1966. My mom wrote that on the photo. I'm holding Ray (who we called Bonner...long story...we won't go into that today...you can ask my mom), John David has on the yellow sleeveless shirt with the blue trim (I can still see it in my mind), Lisa was a little tyrant who was also a little doll and she and John David roller skated in competitions together, and then down in front is my cousin...Patti Jane!
I'm so glad I'm scanning these photos, because so many of them are aging...kind of like me!... and I don't want to lose them. Here, Mom and Dad are standing in front of Mimi's house.
Mimi and Granddad...once again, you can see my Granddad horsing around.
Aunt Jane and Uncle Charlie...this must have been around 1955 or 1956...I can see my swimming pool in the background.
Here, Mom and Dad are standing in front of Aunt Ollie's house in Austin. I have no idea where that little dog came from. My parents, especially my dad, always loved dogs...but I never remember him having a little dog like that.
Ok Mom...who is this with me? Is that Uncle Butler? He must have been patient to hold me and my dolls in his lap.
I have always loved this picture. Mimi and Aunt Jane are putting on my little hat...I don't know exactly what it is that I love, but I do...
17 months old... I remember those lamps...the curtains...the end tables, which Mom kept for a long time. Hey, where are those tables now? Do you still have those, Mom?
I will forever think of my Dad...and only my Dad, when I see this photo. As long as he was alive, he kept this in his wallet. The dress was navy blue...I remember!
I obviously decided to tackle identifying photos one day... "Me" is written by me! I think this was also at 17 months...this was taken at Mimi's...out on the sidewalk in front of her house.
14 months old

Oops...look like I must have been in trouble? I love looking at the items on the counter...the high chair...1955.
14 months

Is it time for a diaper change?
14 months

Feeding time. Can you see that trivet hanging on the wall? I have it, I use it still. I remember that refrigerator...remember the handle. You pulled down on it.
16 months old

Christmas at Mimi's. Looks like I have a mallet in my hand. That chair was finished in a gold brocade type fabric...and look at the carpet! I have a chair, actually as I write this, I'm sitting in a chair that is almost identical to the wooden one...only it's not the same one. I bought the one I'm sitting in at an antique store!

Wait...that's not Mimi's house...um? Was it Aunt Monks? Mimi had that chair, though. Um??? Mom, do you know where this is and why that's Mimi's chair somewhere else?
16 months

Yep, I guess that was a mallet in my hand. I'm pounding away on my xylophone...it's not as colorful as the one I just bought for Benjamin for Christmas. Shhhh....I wonder if Emerson would want one? Emily? Gabe? What do you think?

16 months

Posing with Mom and Dad, on top of my piano. This must have been a musical Christmas ...maybe Mimi wanted me to be musically inclined? If so, she was disappointed...I have no musical ability at all!
16 months

Look at the icicles on the tree? We always put lots of icicles... now they say they're dangerous. See that corner cabinet hanging on the wall? I have that hanging on the wall in my family room now.
Fast forward a few years...and here I am with Santa.
To the world of color... Santa, would you please bring me...

who knows what I asked for? Maybe a baby brother?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, how I love looking at these pictures. What memories they bring. Keep 'em coming, ok? I believe that is your granddad's youngest brother Robert.I'm not sure. The fish picture is Curly's wife Fannie who was Mimi's cousin and not Cat and the little boy is R.T, Levi and Brookse's boy. I feel sure that is Mimi's chair but it is not her house. Aunt Monk may have had one like hers. I do not know who the little dog belong to, I don't remember Aunt Ollie and Uncle Henry having a pet. Great blog. I enjoy them so very much. you were such a beautiful baby, little lady and no even prettier. Love you, Mother

Anonymous said...

Judy, these are great pictures. I have not seen these before. You were a pretty CUTE baby!!!!!

BROTHER