I just realized that my last post was my 100th post on the Johnston Chronicles! I think in the blogging world, when you get to the 100th post, you're suppose to write 100 things about yourself. Um? I don't think I even know 100 things about myself....
I will try...
1. I married my best friend over 30 years ago.
2. I love living in a small town.
3. I grew up in a HUGE CITY. (Don't they say the grass is always greener on the other side?)
4. For the first ... about 7 -8 years of our marriage, we might have bought one or two loaves of bread. I made it all...no breadmaker....just me.
5. I use to make everything from scratch - including ketchup and mayonnaise.
6. I made Ron sick on Curried Garbonzo Beans...
7. Ron now HATES curry.
8. I just bought a Thai Yellow Curry Sauce at Trader Joes...wonder if he'll try it?
9. I LOVE to travel.
10. I've been to England, France, Belgium, Netherlands, Monaco, Italy, (including Sicily) and Malta.
11. I'm going to Australia in less than 4 weeks!
12. I absolutely love my family.
13. I have one daughter...who I absolutely cherish!
14. I have two sons...who I also absolutely cherish!
15. I still call my children 'my baby boy...or my baby girl' even though they're 26, 28 and 31!
16. I feel blessed that we love their spouses.
17. I have one granddaughter, Thalia, who melts my heart.
18. My mom is my dear friend...of which I am so thankful.
19. I lost my Dad 27 years ago on June 13th
20 I still miss him.
21. I called my mom's mom, Mimi, and that's what Thalia calls me.
22. I have 9 dear girlfriends who I have been friends with for about 16 years!
23. I love to read.
24. I love to watercolor...although I haven't been painting lately.
25. I love hot weather.
26. I love to drink ice tea and have an oscillating fan on when it's hot outside.
27. I love sunflowers.
28. My hair has turned white or grey...my hairdresser calls it "SILVER"....baloney, its grey!
29. I'm 52, almost 53 years old.
30. Mom says age is a number. Um? Sometimes 52 is an OLD number, sometimes it's not.
31. I am a teacher...I teach 4th graders.
32. My brother and I have gotten closer as we've gotten older. I've always loved him, but he use to be a brat.
33. Ron and I have no sisters between us...only brothers.
34. My in-laws live on a farm.
35. I was the daughter my in-laws never had for quite a few years.
36. I HATE oysters.
37. I LOVE Mexican food.
38. Chips are my downfall.
39. I make a delicious cosmo.
40. I love to go to movies even though we never go....
41. Ron falling asleep in the theater is the reason for number 40.
42. I'm usually a very patient person. (Except for the situation in number 41)
43. I lost someone very precious, very dear to me, on April 16.
44. Camilla taught me so much...
45. I wish I hadn't learned it and she was still here.
46. I love to write...hence, this blog!
47. My dad was a writer.
48. My dad made nicknames for people and always called them that.
49. He called me Ju-Ju.
50. My mom did not pass on her competitive genes to me.
51. I love to drive.
52. I just bought a video I-pod...cause it holds 7,500 songs
53. I now have 250 songs on it...and that seems like a lot!
54. I love it when I have all my family together.
55. We're getting ready to remodel part of our house.
56. We've lived in this house for nearly 20 years!
57. I still can't stand the weather here after all this time!
58. I love Jesus.
59. I'll have to ask Him why I'm living in a cold climate.
60. I get cold so easy...
61. We'll have a wood stove in our new addition.
62. I love to go on walks.
63. I'm a night-owl...always have been.
64. I'm excited and surprised that I'm on number 64!
65. My dad took me to see the first Beatles movie.
66. He bought me a Beatles sweatshirt...it was white and I loved it.
67. My brother use to tell me that someday he'd be a big girl and I'd be a little boy.
68. I wear mostly silver/white gold/platinum jewelry.
69. I love James Avery Jewelry.
70. I love diamonds...
71. Donnie, Emily, and Erica are very special to me...
72. I try to be a good mother-in-law.
73. I love to cook.
74. I've taken Cooking Light magazine for over 10 years.
75. Some of my friends and I have Cooking Light dinners at least a couple of times a year.
76. I drive a Honda...my previous car was a Honda...and my next car will probably be a Honda.
77. I love coffee...with cream...no sugar.
78. I read the Bible completely through in 88 days...it was incredible.
79. I don't play sports - because I'd be a liability.
80. I am not a daredevil by any stretch of the imagination.
81. Thalia told me I drove a quad too slow. "Hurry up, Mimi, you're going too slow!"
82. My oldest baby boy is coming up with Thalia in 8 days. I'M EXCITED.
83. I get to see my youngest two kids almost monthly.
84. I'm involved with an organization called People to People.
85. Summer is my favorite season BY FAR!
86. I wear glasses...and wish I could wear contacts.
87. Wearing contacts for me would fit fact #80 about me.
88. I'm not a big shopper.
89. I DO love to go to Costco.
90. I don't watch TV except for January - May when American Idol is on.
91. I think Melinda Doolittle should have won this year..but she didn't.
92. I love red wine...
93. Ron and I discovered a new red wine a couple of weeks ago...Claret...yum!
94. I use to want to be short.
95. My first car was a red pinto. Ron called it the "pinto bean".
96. Eskie was my first and only cat.
97. I've had a number of dogs...Jacque was my favorite.
98. I sleep under two fans every single night - one ceiling fan and one oscillating.
99. I take my favorite Starbucks mug everywhere I go.
100. I'm tired of writing these things about me...but can't believe I even thought of 100.