Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Playing SORRY with Thalia...and teaching her how to shuffle cards

Monday:
Me: Hello
Thalia: Hi Mimi!!! Today we pack, tomorrow we drive!
...and then we talked about how excited we both were to see each other.

Fast forward to 9:30 p.m.
Me: Hello
Thalia: HI MIMI...ARE YOU EXCITED...WE'RE DRIVING!!!
Me: You're what? Where are you?
Thalia: We're in the truck...we already left, are you excited?
Me: YEAH! I'M ABSOLUTELY EXCITED.

Inside, however, I was cringing at the thought of Joshua taking off AT NIGHT to drive. Of course, I didn't bring to mind the MANY times Ron and I use to do that on our Texas trips when our kids were young....

Joshua and Thalia made it safe and sound...got here about 4:30 p.m. yesterday. Last night, Thalia was ready to play SORRY. She got the board all set up. After 7 games, it was Mimi: 4, Thalia: 3.



As I shuffled the cards, Thalia was impressed and wanted to learn how to shuffle...so I taught her.



Once she learned...she became THE shuffler!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love you Thalia and proud of you. Now when Josh and I play poker, you can shuffle the cards! I'm glad you are having a good time sweety. I wish I was there with you guys.

Anonymous said...

I think Thalia holds the title of most games of Sorry played in one weekend. I think she convinced every one who came over to play with her. After Mimi, Emily, Sarah, Gabe, and myself I think she was upword of 15 games. Glad we don't have that game here. I think we'll keep it that way...
Josh