Thursday, January 17, 2008

Another window...a bit of trim...and a plug

The 'chase' has been framed. Actually it's not completely finished, but you can't tell from this photo, or at least I don't think you can. It's made to look like the one on the other end of the house.

The trim is also up...

and you may notice the last window is now in the front.

Come on around back and I'll show you the rest of the trim...watch your feet cause it's really muddy...You may notice that there's still no door. That plywood will serve as the cover until everything is finished. Pete said that door will be about the last thing.Let's go back inside...it's so cold outside!Now you can see the newest window. This lamp that's hanging down has just about seen its last day. It will go to lamp-heaven. The double doors over against the wall, well, we may have a use for one or both of them.

Do you see this dark line in the floor? Thank you, Pete!
That line, from what I understand, is nasty work. Pete had to saw the cement to lay in a plug. The room is just too large to not have a plug in the floor...so Pete, aiming to please, sawed the cement. Thank you again, Pete!Tonight I had to decide about ceiling lights...they're wiring so we can put in recessed lighting if we decide. Then, where do you put the switch for each light? I didn't remember all the decisions you have to make...and this is just a small addition!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's really coming along! Your pictures are so great, I love them! How nice and cozy the fireplace will be!

Anonymous said...

Looks great! What a big room!

Love ya,

Bro

Anonymous said...

I have really enjoyed all these updates. Now I can't wait to see the finished project! I'm sure it'll look great!

Kasi

Anonymous said...

Looks good mom! It looks a lot more spacious than I thought it would. Can't wait to see what you do with it inside. It will be fun i'm sure...
Josh