Monday, January 21, 2008

Checking it off my list!

I'm a list maker...

Yep, it's pretty satisfying when I have a long list and everything marked off. Unfortunately, that seldom happens.

My list today:
1. Finish Kite Runner - didn't do it. Actually, I still have 49 pages to go...but I tried.
2. Work out - check!
3. Get ready for school - geez, well, I'd like to say "check!" but I can't. I'm ready for tomorrow, but not the week...rats.
4. Get my hair colored - check!
5. Work on People to People - check!
6. Make new recipe for hot rolls - check! (Mom, I told Ron you wanted him to eat one for you with butter. So he ate 5, 4 for himself and 1 for you. Only he told me to tell you he didn't use butter, he used - well, gee whiz, can't remember what it's called.) **Oh the brain finally kicked in and it's called Smart Balance.
7. Make new recipe for Lentil-Acorn Squash Soup - check!
8. Paint - didn't do it.
9. Vacuum - didn't do it.
10. Clean the computer room - didn't do it.
11. Blog - am in the process as you're reading this...so 'almost check!'
12. Talk to the kids - check! That always makes me SO HAPPY!
13. Tell Lindsey and Donnie "Happy Anniversary" since I only left a message on Saturday-check!
14. Catch up on laundry -just about check! (load in washer and one in dryer as I write!)

I think that was it.

Lindsey use to write "Wake up" on her list! Not sure if she does that anymore. I could add that and then I'd for sure have something else to mark off.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you have done lots today. Hope you also take time to rest. That's what helps accomplish all the actions. I would love to have a copy of the Lentile Soup Res. Please forward it.
Love,
Nada

Anonymous said...

You didn't call your younger, bigger son back. Check minus!!!

Judy said...

Oops...you know what happens as the brain ages, Gabe...there are lapses in memory. Definitely a check minus.

I must have gotten all dreamy eyed while eating that soup recipe that I'll send to Nada! (Hi Nada!!! Going to go watch John play hoops tonight...with Rema and Sami! Wish you were here to go too!)

Anonymous said...

Haha! That's ok Jutes. Go Mack!

Anonymous said...

Could you count me in for that soup recipe too? It's harding feeding someone who only eats chicken (a.k.a. Addison!), but that sounds like something he might actually enjoy!

Kasi (kncraver@sbcglobal.net)