Monday, January 14, 2008

Things are looking a little different in the house now

I came strolling in from work, ready to go workout before taking Rema to dinner tonight for her 50th birthday...when I unexpectedly saw this ...

Plastic over the doorway from the kitchen to the dining room. Um? I didn't think that was happening today. I could see light...and it wasn't from a lightbulb.

I grabbed my camera and walked around outside and...Oh yeah, a bit different! The wall between the dining and living room isn't out yet. That's tomorrow. Pete likes to have a little fun while he works so he did this:He told me I could get Ron to stick his head through that hole and I could throw things...actually I think Pete said darts...at him. Oh no way, not to my guy!Here's another shot so you get the effect.


Check back...this post isn't quite finished, but it's time to take Rema to dinner. She's 50 after all, so she might not be as patient...
OK, I'm back...dinner was DELICIOUS! Rema and I went to a fairly new sushi place. But food is not the topic of this post. I did decide to leave the comment above this photo there, just so if you see Rema, you might want to comment on her age...well, you know, how young she looks and all.


Ok, well the photo above, you can see where they put on the trim on the corners. Pete's telling Al how splendid everything looks. Actually, I think what Pete actually said was, "Hey Al, are you ready to start cleaning things up? I need to go home."
As Pete, Al, and Kyle were cleaning up, it dawned on Pete that our house was a bit...well, unsecured. We had a large opening where the door will go, and one spot where a window will go - and neither place had anything covering it. Then, of course, you saw there was a piece of plastic separating this area from the main part of the house. Well, that could be a bit chilly, plus probably not real safe. So they nailed up some plywood...which is what you see in this picture. Almost looks like a brick wall, doesn't it?

I can hardly wait till tomorrow when the other walls are knocked down!

No comments: