Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Things are heating up around here...

"Heat" may not actually be the most accurate word to use. "Not quite as cold" is probably a better way to put it.

The fact that it's a bit warmer outside helps.

Today, most of the insulation was put in...which is what is helping the heat index around here! You can also see some of the piping going in which will attach to the wood stove.
I asked Ron if it wasn't suppose to be black...he said it will be, but I asked him to double check with Pete anyway.

The other thing put in today were some of the 'can lights'...or that's what Pete calls them. I'm not putting in many, but I was heavily advised that I "wanted them" - even though I didn't know I wanted them. They do sound like a good idea.
Now this photo isn't going to win any awards for "best picture of the year" or anything, but you can see what a 'can light' is. They will be recessed into the ceiling and we'll be able to turn the bulb to shine wherever we want.
Here's another view of the corner where the wood stove will be. I'm in a quandary over how it will look behind the wood stove...and the hearth. I've thought all along I wanted brick...and then I saw some different rock ... then today I went to visit our friends, Brian and Andrea, to look at theirs. It's brick, but I really like the way it's designed. To make you appreciate your clean, tidy, undusty home, I leave you with a snapshot of ours...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes that looks nice and warm! Almost Tropical... but not quite. Keep up the good work Pete.