Monday, August 23, 2010

The Battle for a Picture

We spent the weekend at Gabe & Emily's. I had a People to People meeting Saturday...and after I got back, Lindsey, Donnie, and Benjamin came up.

I was a happy Mimi...
Sunday, Gabe and Emily went to Sears Point Raceway (Gabe had free tickets...he and my guy went on Saturday), and we stayed home with Emerson...along with Lindsey, Donnie, and Benjamin. The boys played...and fought...more on this in another blog:)
At 3, Emily's friend, Lisl, came to watch Emerson so we could start home. I gave Lindsey the camera and asked her to take a picture of my guy and I with our little men...
It proved to be a challenge...
We never got a great photo...

We started off with me holding Emerson...and my guy with Benjamin. They actually HAD been dressed alike, until Emerson had a major blow out and ended in the tub!
That's Lisl in the background, probably thinking, "These people are crazy!"Trying to get the boys to both look at the camera...well, how about getting at least one of them to look at the camera?This could have been a little jockeying for position...but they were squirming...
Emerson was yelling and Benjamin tried to make him be quiet!Emerson wanted absolutely no part of his younger-by-17-day cousin telling him to be quiet!
Having no success, my guy and I decided to switch boys...
Benjamin wanted to tell us something...
Emerson kept hollering...I told them to look at the camera...
Lindsey and Donnie were trying all sorts of antics to get their attention in the right direction...
Emerson wanted down...
My guy thought maybe we should turn them upside down...Emerson loves to be upside down...
Benjamin liked it, too...but he thought I needed a little assistance to turn him rightside up!
I told the boys they were like kissin cousins...
Neither of them liked that comparison..
there had been 'issues' over the weekend...
'issues' over the fan...and the light switch...
they wanted no part of kissin each other...Benjamin, not one to hold a grudge, was still a little...well, not happy with his cousin not wanting to let him control the fan! Emerson was trying to apologize...
"Come on, Ben, I'm sorry..."We kissed them both...told them we loved them...and told them how much fun we had had with them...
All was well...
Our boys...they're growing up so fast!

No comments: