Thursday, August 12, 2010

Peanut butter and jelly sandwich

Emerson loves his peanut butter and jam...
which is what I made him for lunch on Saturday. His mama, who is changing from teaching 6th grade to teaching kindergarten...had a lot to do in her classroom. His daddy, went to help. Emerson and I hung out at home and played...and played...and played!
The first thing he did when I gave him his half sandwich, was take it apart. Now he had 2 halves. I took one and tore it in half...but he wanted the half that hadn't been torn... OK...
He made me laugh. First he was quietly eating half of the half-sandwich, and next thing I knew, he was trying to eat it like you see in this pic! He didn't keep it up...but he sure made his Mimi laugh!Emerson wasn't content to just hold one piece at a time...no siree...let's hold two...
or three?"Ummm, ummm, this is some tasty peanut butter!" mumbled Emerson.I asked him if it was a little...well, sticky?With puckered lips, he said, "No..."
"Yummers!" he said as he licked his lips...and then he started to laugh...
When his daddy came in, Emerson wanted to feed him some of the sandwich...
...notice how he opens his mouth when he puts the food in! Once the playing with Dad was over, it was time to 'talk'...My little Emerson King...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL, Emerson is a riot. I can see some similarities between him and "The Boy" at the dinner table. Great blog mom.