Sunday, August 01, 2010

The Elusive Photo

Elusive: Clearly or skillfully evasive; difficult to catch The word 'elusive' in this post is speaking of my sweet grandson, Mr. Emerson King...HE is the elusive one...he is the one who is CONSTANTLY on the go and doesn't really have any plan to stop and let his Mimi take pictures of him. (However, I DID get quite a few last weekend...but since these posts are in order, you, dear JohnstonChronicle readers, will have to wait) I tried to take some of just Emerson...but they're all blurry...and I tried to HOLD him so I could take some of him and Benjamin...NO WAY would he be still....

Benjamin was practicing his walking...so he was easy to photograph... We were all so proud of him!His Uncle Joshua and Uncle Gabrial were cheering him on...'Come on Benjamin!'You can see in this photo how Emerson is blurred...yep, he was moving just a little too fast for his Mimi and her d90!
He rolled over with the car...at least it's not blurred! I tried to tackle them both...
What a riot! Even though I didn't get the photos I wanted...I look at this and I just thank God I have these two little men...I absolutely adore them...and honestly, love it that I can't get them to both be still at the same time...it's just part of it...two little men...on the go!I tried...When I announced it was time for a family photo (minus Donnie who didn't make it up)... my sweet daughter-in-law, Emily, just moaned. She made a comment something like, "I don't think this is going to work!"
I was determined...This first one is a test shot...checking the lighting...not worrying if Emerson was smiling for the camera yet... YET....But then, after several attempts, we got a few....
They may not be studio-perfect, but this is us...our rambunctious little men and our sweet little lady...along with the moms, dads, and, of course, a happy Mimi and Papa!

No comments: