Saturday, August 07, 2010

Cadillac Ranch

Our time in Texas was over...and Joshua, Erica, Thalia, and I headed home...

Well...we still had one more thing to do in Texas...and that was to see Cadillac Ranch!
I had been there before, but I wanted to show this spectacular attraction to Thalia...and her parents, too!

It's on Interstate 40...outside of Amarillo...


I was afraid we'd miss it...but we found it!Cadillac Ranch is probably not in the book on the 1000 things to do/see before you die...but it's an attraction, for sure. Someone...and I need to look the story up, but someone, some creative (?) person, has half buried 10 cadillacs, all at a perfect angle, in a field...just out in the middle of nowhere...
You park your car along the service road of Interstate 40 and just walk in through the gate, walk through the field...and there you go! You can even bring your own cans of spray paint and paint your heart out...

"OK Mimi...that was...uh...exciting," my sweet granddaughter told me. She didn't sound super-excited....but I told her she would probably be the ONLY person in her entire school who had visited Cadillac Ranch....It's something to see...

Here's the gate so you don't miss it...And from a little distance, this is what it looks like...
so make sure you leave plenty of time next time you're close to Amarillo, Texas!

No comments: