Sunday, August 08, 2010

Emerson hams it up

July 27th, I got to play with my little Emerson King! His Daddy had gone to work and we let his mama sleep in. I had driven in the night before...long after he was asleep...so I was one happy Mimi this morning!

I set my timer so I could get a photo of us together...Emerson didn't know what to think about that. I would run over to him, grab him, and tell him to look the camera and smile...
"Mimi, what in the world are you doing?" I'm sure he was thinking....

He just looked at me like I was...well, let's just say he looked at me...I always wonder WHAT is going through his mind...but he didn't tell me...After awhile, the black cylinder pointing at him began to look familiar...

Emerson started his sweet smile...He squashed up that cute little nose...squinted those big blue eyes...

and he started to grin...and giggle...and definitely ham it up!
Oh Emerson! You are an absolute doll...

He smiled some more...

and laughed some more...
This smile and these expressions were new to me...the more I laughed, the more he hammed it up! Oh my...he was so cute!!!Enough of that....he went and got one of his toys...
which happened to be one of his balls...
he was checking it out...
trying to figure it out...He decided to lay down and roll it around...it makes noise!
OK, enough of that. Let's play ... 'being Daddy!'
He crawled up in his Daddy's chair...grabbed the remote control...
I told him he was a chip off the old block...
He grabbed his A's cup to let me know that in some ways he was like his Daddy...and in some ways like his Mama... his Mama being an A's fan and all....

I told Emerson to hold that pose...that I liked the light that was coming through the door...that I wanted to take some pictures of him while he was being STILL!

I love his serene looks...it always makes me wonder what he's thinking...
Look at my little guy...he doesn't look like such a 'little guy' anymore...he's a little boy! He's growing up way too fast for his Mimi...

He didn't understand what I meant...Oh boy! Here we go again...my little Emerson!

Laughing with his Mimi...
jabbering up a storm...pointing with his whole hand...at least he points with his hand when it's empty....

Emerson usually has something in each hand...sometimes it's a ball in each hand...sometimes it's a toy in one and his blanket in the other...sometimes...well, he's a busy guy!
and his Mimi absolutely adores ...absolutely loves him!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Emerson King, you are a little boy now. I love the pictures your Mimi took. They are adorable. Your smile melted my heart. Sure would like to see you. I love you, Saddie

Anonymous said...

I love those cute faces! I remember Thalia was, well not even one yet and i would lay down at sit her on my stomach while eating a cookie and she would wrinkle her nose and breath in and out of her nose real hard, crumbs all over her mouth. Anyway, Aunt Erica loves you Emerson!