Friday, August 24, 2012

My Painter

Sunday, while the guys - the older guys - were out fishing, I asked Emerson if he would like to do some watercolor.  
"What, Mimi?"
"Do you want to paint...paint with watercolor?"
He did...
 I mixed up some blue, green, red, and yellow paints... gave him some paper and a brush...and he, very seriously, began a masterpiece!
 You can see the 'E' on the edge of the paper...He had written an E...
 but I think he was most enjoying just the act of watercoloring...

 Notice how serious he is?  That's how he was the entire time...
 serious...and very focused!

 You can barely make out a loopy M before the pink E.  I asked him if could write 'Mimi'...
 Emerson painted...and painted...and wanted another piece of paper to paint some more!

How sweet is this?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks as if two of your grandsons hve inherited two of your many abilities. I wonder what William will inherit. Love. Mom

Judy said...

Wow, Mom...I didn't think about that! Photography and watercoloring... Maybe William will love to write...or cook? I love you!

jujabbo said...

They take after their Mimi don't they!
Linz