Monday, August 13, 2012

Sprinkler system....check!

 The sprinkler system has been an ongoing project at the home of the Johnston Chronicles...I can't remember how much documentation the project has had here on this blog... 

Back in July (18-25), the project reached it's completion!  Joshua came home...and when Joshua is here, things happen...projects happen...and not just happen, but they're completed! 

The main section of the front yard has been completed...and been used.  Part of the backyard was done, but not used...
 Joshua got it all planned out...with some help from his Pop...or maybe it was the other way around... but Joshua definitely kept the project going...no time for coffee breaks, or extended lunch breaks.  "Come on, Pop.  Let's get going!"

 They started digging up the path for new lines...
 I think we now have something like 7 stations? 
 My guy had an assortment of baseball caps to choose from...

 After digging a line, the tubing/pipes were laid in...
 My guy was ready for a break... Joshua sat down with him, but continued to work...
That blue stuff is glue... I think...
 It got all over their hands...thus the washing... and the upcoming project-man was checking it all out...

 Checking out how the water came out in that pattern....
 The upcoming project-man was watching his Uncle Joshua like a hawk...

Joshua was ready to roll....
 I LOVE, LOVE these two pictures... the top one, of course, and the one below...well, I don't remember what had just happened... but the smile on  my guys face tells it all...he was having a great time working on the project with Joshua!

 They were getting ready to start digging again...
 and  look who showed up!  Donnie and Gabe drove in (for the fishing trip that ended up being cancelled the next morning because of large swells in the ocean), and Donnie got right to work, helping with the project...


Saddie was supervising...
 After completing the back, Donnie started on the side part of the front yard...
 Here came Gabe...
 My guy had both his sons and son-in-law to help... It has definitely been a HUGE job...
 As the trenches were dug, they would put the dirt on boards...guess that made it easier to get it back in after the pipes were laid...
I need to get a picture of the sprinklers on now... the guys are all gone, but the evidence of their help is here... we have a greener lawn, for sure, but my guy is less tired, less tied up now that he doesn't have to keep going out and moving the sprinkler around. 

Thank you SO much Joshua...Donnie...and Gabe! 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great job and pictures. Mom

jujabbo said...

This explains Benjamin's new fascination with sprinker systems! While at our last birthday party, Benjamin was not interested in jumping in the jumpy house or playing with his friends. Instead he was examining my friend's sprinkler system and telling me about the water pressure!

Anonymous said...

Jutze,
I think that project has made "the list" for 3 or 4 years but it never seams to get the scratch off. Glad we finally got it done. It's interesting how dad has an 8 item "to do" list before I get there, but ends up having a 18 item "to do" list once I arrive.
Example #1. (2 days before I arrived) "Josh, I was in the woods the other day and got a couple rows of wood for us to split"..."oh ok dad, a couple or rows shouldn't be that bad"...(once I arrived)...."Dad, I see 6 rows of wood, what happened to the 3?"......."oh, well I went and got some more"...

Josh

Judy said...

Oh Joshua!!! I can HEAR your dad saying that...BTW, I don't think any was split when you were here. I told your dad the other day we were going to have to squeeze through to be able to walk into the garage from the car if he didn't do something with it!