Tuesday, August 28, 2012

William's Photo Shoot

We told William we wanted to take some photos of him with his great-great grandfather's rocking chair.
  "Is this where I hold on?" he wondered...
I think he got a bit impatient waiting...


"How long do I have to stand here?" he wondered...
William was acting real nonchalant...just standing there like a big boy, shooting the breeze...
His mama came up to talk to him...
"Why are you grabbing my arm, Mama?"

Uh-oh... William got a little upset with his mama...He was having fun standing there all by himself..
His sweet mama wanted to take a picture of him sitting in the rocker...the rocker that was given to his great-great grandfather on his first birthday...which would have been November 10, 1901!  That means, this rocking chair is 111 years old!  It's never been refinished...all those worn spots are from the kids who have rocked in it...my grandfather, my mom, me, my kids, Benjamin, Emerson, and now William!
"Oh all right..."

William wasn't really enjoying his photo shoot at this point...
So he just scooted down ... so his mama came to pick him up.

Good job, William!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

He'a a cutie and I loe to see him in your grnddad's chair. Love, Mom

jujabbo said...

He's a bit more cooperative than his older bro. Those pictures turned out really good. So, I wonder if it's led-based paint!
Linz

Anonymous said...

Jutze,
I'd recommend Duck Tape and Zip Ties. They do wonders for holding things in place.

Jishy